The ad hoc Administrative Board of PDVSA condemned Nicolás Maduro’s dictatorship for the accusations against the Simón Bolívar Foundation, whose objective is to contribute to alleviate the Complex Humanitarian Emergency caused by the regime in Venezuela.
In this sense, they affirmed that these accusations are not only unfounded, “but they harm the most vulnerable Venezuelan population, victim of the humanitarian crisis”.
With a firm commitment to defend the interests of the Venezuelan Nation, with the responsibility and transparency required by the mandate received by legitimate institutions, and in view of the recent accusations made by the spokespersons of Nicolás Maduro’s regime against the Simón Bolívar Foundation, a private non-profit foundation of CITGO Petroleum Corporation (CITGO), we hereby issue the following communiqué:
1. We categorically reject the accusations against the Simón Bolívar Foundation and its president, Ms. María Poleo, made by spokepersons of the dictatorship.
2. We deplore that the daily efforts made by the Simon Bolivar Foundation to contribute to the relief of the Complex Humanitarian Emergency in Venezuela, caused by Nicolás Maduro’s regime, be used with obscure political purposes precisely by the dictatorship and its judicial minions. The only victims of this inexcusable attempt to criminalize humanitarian aid are Venezuelan citizens in vulnerability conditions.
3. We ratify that the Simón Bolívar Foundation is registered in the United States of America as a private non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and therefore its performance is highly regulated by the U.S. authorities and under U.S. legislation which establishes, among other terms, the prohibition of funding to political organizations.
4. We specify that the fundamental mission of the Simón Bolívar Foundation is to help mitigate the effects of the Complex Humanitarian Emergency worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic, through coordination with other private non-profit organizations, in order to contribute the access to medical care of vulnerable people, inside and outside Venezuela, .
5. We ratify that all the activities carried out by the Simon Bolivar Foundation have been transparently detailed in each of the performance reports of the Foundation to its shareholder, as well as in the press releases that are posted on its web page: https://ww w.simonbolivarfoundation.org/
From PDVSA’s ad hoc Administrative Board, we would like to highlight and congratulate the admirable work carried out by the Simon Bolivar Foundation, together with its staff and all its management team. Likewise, we ratify to the Venezuelan Nation our commitment to continue exercising the control work that guarantees the transparency of the actions of our subsidiaries and their dependencies.
Comunicado de la Junta Administradora ad hoc de PDVSA a los venezolanos a propósito de la actividad de la Fundación Simón Bolívar de CITGO.
Los ataques no solo son infundados, sino que perjudican a la población venezolana más vulnerable, victima de la crisis humanitaria. pic.twitter.com/BNBUUW5WC7
— PDVSA AD HOC OFICIAL (@PDVSA_AdHoc) October 31, 2020