The President in charge of the Republic, Juan Guaidó, swore in this Tuesday during the ordinary session of the National Assembly, the members of the Organizing Committee of the Popular Consultation, according to the provisions of the Agreement approved by the legislative body.
The Representatives of the organizations proposing the Popular Consultation
1. Blanca Rosa Mármol de León: Attorney specialized in Criminal and Criminological Sciences, teacher, writer and former judge emeritus of the Venezuelan Supreme Court of Justice.
2. Enrique Colmenares Finol: Former Minister of the Environment. National Coordinator of ANCO.
3. Horacio Medina: Recognized oil expert with more than 40 years of experience. Consultant specialized in the Development of New Businesses in Exploration and Production of Hydrocarbons. Member of PDVSA’s Ad Hoc Board. Former President of the Venezuelan Society of Petroleum Engineers. Proposed by the organization ‘Gente del Petróleo’.
1. Estefania Cervó: University Counselor of the UCV. Student of Public Health.
2. Rafael Punceles: University Counselor UCAB. Law student.
Member of the Academy and Venezuelan intellectuals:
1. Carolina Jaimes Branger: Writer. Corresponding member of the Venezuelan Language Academy. Systems Engineer graduated from the Universidad Metropolitana. She did postgraduate studies in Art History and Master in Education at Harvard University.
2. Isabel Pereira Pizani: Sociologist graduated from the UCV, with a doctorate in Sociology of Development at the University Paris I, Pantheon – Sorbonne, France. She was Director of Public Policy at CEDICE. She has been a consultant for the United Nations Organization, the World Bank and various public organizations and private companies. She has published articles in numerous specialized magazines. She is currently a columnist for the newspaper El Nacional.